Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hollywood Calling For Deepika Padukone


Lovely dimpled actress Deepika Padukone kept the promise she had made to herself as a starry-eyed teenager. Deepika told a section of the media, "Long ago when I had started modeling, I had promised myself that whenever I attend an international event, I'd wear a saree because I'd rather represent my country in the national costume than in western clothes. It felt good to be so Indian so far away from home." The saree did the magic for Deepika who looked dazzling in a Rohit Bal saree and was being coveted by several Hollywood agents at Cannes. It was one of these agents who texted her that one of Hollywood’s biggest names, Woody Allen is keen to meet the actress.

Deepika was obviously thrilled but due to prior work commitments in India she couldn't extend her stay and therefore couldn't have a meeting with any of these agents but the sources have confirmed that if a concrete Hollywood offer comes along, she would definitely consider it.

Seems like Deepika’s attractive looks and stunning saree was too good a combination to be missed by the swish Hollywood set.

No comments: